All blueprints require at least one base component, but certain blueprints may require up to 4 base components. Blueprints may also have up to 3 optional components which alter or enhance the produced item(s), but are not necessary to craft an item.
The skill requirements for crafting any blueprint comes from the components used. Base components always add 100% of their skill requirements, while optional components have a varying difficulty modifier. Optional components with skill requirements higher than those of the base components will increase the crafting requirements up to their minimal skill level before adding their difficulty modifier.
Most armor, weapons, many medicine items, combat utilities and various other items can be created from blueprints. Some items are not commonly found nor sold, but their blueprints are commonly available. Also, some items and item enhancements are available only via crafting.
Most general purpose blueprints (weapons, armor) use components that have varying quality, and components of higher quality also require higher crafting skills.
This is a list of crafting skill requirements of the blueprints that only use components of static quality.
- TNT charges — 15 chemistry and 20 electronics
- The 2 tiers of repair kits — 25, 50 electronics / mechanics / tailoring
- All Chemical bolts — up to 50 biology, 35 chemistry
- All animal / plant products and consumables — up to 70 biology
- The 3 tiers of incendiary / shock bolts — 20, 40, 60 chemistry / electronics
- The 3 tiers of EMP grenades and mines — 35, 70, 105 electronics and 10 mechanics
- The 5 tiers of explosive grenades and mines — 15, 34, 50, 69, 112 chemistry and 10 mechanics