All blueprints require at least one base component, but certain blueprints may require up to 4 base components. Blueprints may also have up to 3 optional components which alter or enhance the produced item(s), but are not necessary to craft an item.
The skill requirements for crafting any blueprint comes from the components used. Base components always add 100% of their skill requirements, while optional components have a varying difficulty modifier. Optional components with skill requirements higher than those of the base components will increase the crafting requirements up to their minimal skill level before adding their difficulty modifier.
Most armor, weapons, many medicine items, combat utilities and various other items can be created from blueprints. Some items are not commonly found nor sold, but their blueprints are commonly available. Also, some items and item enhancements are available only via crafting.
Most general purpose blueprints (weapons, armor) use components that have varying quality, and components of higher quality also require higher crafting skills.
All medicine and drugs crafted with Biology skill have static crafting requirements, see the biology article for a list.
This is a partial list of crafting skill requirements of other blueprints that only use components of static quality.
- TNT charges — 15 chemistry and 20 electronics
- The 2 tiers of repair kits — 25, 50 electronics / mechanics / tailoring
- All Chemical bolts — up to 125 biology, up to 75 chemistry
- All animal / plant products and consumables — up to 125 biology
- The 3 tiers of incendiary / shock bolts — 20, 40, 60 chemistry / electronics
- The 3 tiers of EMP grenades and mines — 35, 70, 105 electronics and 10 mechanics
- The 5 tiers of explosive grenades and mines — 15, 34, 50, 69, 112 chemistry and 10 mechanics
The trading value of crafted dynamic items is the sum of component values times a multiplier. This multiplier varies by blueprint and by the number of optional components.
Static items (those that do not vary in quality) have a fixed trading value that is not directly derived from their blueprint or constituent components.
|Blueprint value multipliers|
|Blueprint: Leather Armor||2.25||2.25||2.5|
|Blueprint: Tactical Vest||3||3||3.6|
|Blueprint: Riot Gear||3||3||3.6|
|Blueprint: Metal Armor ||3.3||<3.3||<3.3|
|Blueprint: Metal Helmet||2||N/A||N/A|
|Blueprint: Psionic Headband||2||2||2|
|Blueprint: Energy Shield Emitter||1.5||1.5||1.5|
|Blueprint: Assault Rifle||3||3||3.6|
|Blueprint: Sniper Rifle||3||3||3.6|
|Blueprint: Energy Pistol||2||2||2|
|Blueprint: Chemical Pistol||3||N/A||N/A|
|Blueprint: Combat Gloves||2||2||2|
|Blueprint: Combat Knife ||<1||<1||<1|
-  Metal Armor enhancement multiplier varies.
-  Combat Knives have a multiplier of 0.2 for the metal, 1 for other components.