Hopper round up
|Hopper round up|
|Given by||Big Bret|
|Rewards|| 700 classic XP / 1 oddity XP|
100 SGS Credits
|Related quests |
Tanner asks you to complete Bret's tasks, Hopper round up and Find Newton. Once both tasks are complete, return to Tanner.
- Talk to Bret at the agronomy concerning his 'hopper round up'
- Capture three cave hoppers for Big Bret
- Complete tasks Bret gives you and return to Tanner
Talk to Bret to receive details about the mission (100 XP). You simply need to capture three cave hoppers alive inside a Dog Crate. Northwestern Mushroom Cove is filled with these little beggars and sometimes they get stuck on one of the holes, making this an easy job.
This should be an easy task if you are playing a stealth character. Others may need to use utilities such as Throwing Nets or Tranquilizing Bolts to catch the hoppers alive. You simply need to get close to a hopper, whether by sneaking or immobilizing them, and then use a dog crate on it to capture it.
- watch where the Cave Hoppers disappear into the walls
- stand nearby to that point, hovering a finger over the Return key
- as soon as a Cave Hopper appears, press Return to enter turn-based combat
- right-click the Dog Crate in your inventory
- target the Cave Hopper to have your character run up to it and capture it
- if your capture failed, wait for the Dog Crate cooldown (and potentially Turn-Based Combat) cooldown to lapse before trying again.