Crossbows are a type of weapon and a skill.
Related Base Ability
Crossbows increases your damage and precision with all crossbows.
The formula for damage gained from Crossbows skill is
Base Damage * (1 + 0.7 * Effective Crossbows Skill / 100). See Precision for details on precision mechanics.
- Versatile weapon
- Medium-high range
- Incurs 125% increased mechanical damage resistance (harder to penetrate armor)
- Slower projectiles allow easier energy shield penetration
- Cheap normal ammo
- Can fire special bolts (tranquilizing, incendiary, electroshock, serrated, etc)
- Bolts can be poisoned with many different poisons for further utility
- Zephyr — highest critical damage bonus
- Hurricane — lowest damage spread
- Tornado — highest damage, lowest critical chance, small precision penalty, highest move and shoot penalty
- Monsoon — highest critical chance, lowest critical damage, small precision bonus
- Cyclon (crafting only) — lowest AP cost
- Jawbone (unique)
Crossbows can use various special bolts, which makes them a versatile weapon.
- Serrated Bolt
- Acid Bolt
- Black Dragon Poison Bolt
- Cave Ear Poison Bolt
- Corrosive Acid Bolt
- Crawler Poison Bolt
- Burrower Poison Bolt
- Tranquilizing Bolt
- Incendiary Bolt ( Mk II, Mk III)
- Shock Bolt ( Mk II, Mk III)
- Spirit Poison Bolt
- Putrefying Bolt