| Hadrian Tanner|
Hadrian Tanner is one of the councillors of South Gate Station.
Tanner, along with Gorsky and Vera Hale form South Gate Station's ruling council. They are the leaders of the South Gaters community. They each have their own specialties and responsibilities, and Tanner seems to be in charge of testing and admitting new citizens to the station. The player is one such recently admitted citizen who passed Tanner's tests.
The game starts with you doing missions under Tanner's command while waiting for earthquake repairs to be completed in and around the station. Completing his find the drill circuit board mission will allow the South Gaters to clear out the earthquake damage from the south metro tunnel, which opens up the game world and unlock metro travel in South Underrail. Finding the drill parts also frees some of SGS's TNT Charge reserves from the earthquake repair work, allowing the player to purchase them from Lucas in SGS armory and explore other earthquake-blocked passages.
- Retake the outposts: Your first big task in the SGS is to capture some forlorn outposts in the cave tunnels beneath South Gate station.
- Hopper round up & Find Newton: While waiting for earthquake repairs, Tanner has the player get acquainted with SGS's food production by aiding Big Bret.
- GMS expedition: While waiting for earthquake repairs, Gorsky's team has moved into GMS compound to secure their vault.
- Find the drill circuit board: Meeting difficulties in re-opening the south metro tunnel after the earthquake, Tanner opts to have the player look for a part to fix a broken drill machine.
- Assist Rail Crossing: After the metro tunnel is cleared, the Faceless have attacked Rail Crossing.
- Look for Cornell: Find the man responsible for the Faceless assault in Rail Crossing.
- Infiltrate Tchortist ranks: Follow a mysterious artifact into the Institute of Tchort.
He doesn't carry anything pickpocketable, but the containers in his office usually contain some good loot. You will need quite high level of stealth skill to steal from them due to Tanner's high perception and detection.